Call us a company on a mission. Wyland Worldwide was founded on the efforts of Wyland and a dedicated team of induviduals committed to one purpose: reaching out to people everywhere with a message of art, nature, and community.
Whether it's wall art or sculpture for your home or an art activity for the entire family, Wyland Worldwide delivers the images, resources, and experiences to bring you closer to the beauty of our ocean, lakes, rivers, streams, and wetlands.
Wyland offers high-quality, green-themed sustainable retail products, and engaging, creative art and science events at zoos, aquariums, and museums around the world. You may see us on PBS, Discovery Channel, or in your local news. Around the world or around the corner, it's a daily celebration of the wonder of our blue planet - and it's here for you.
Wyland Accomplishments 1976-2012
- NEA Magazine "Innovator" Spotlight, Wyland Ocean Challenge
- Completed Whaling Wall 84 with Sir Peter Blake, National Maritime Museum, Auckland, New Zealand
- Wyland Foundation Earth Day Awards celebrates state and national Wyland Ocean Challenge student achievement also recognizes Jacques Cousteau, Dr. Sylvia Earle, and Lloyd Bridges
- "Wyland's Ocean World" 13-episode series aired on Discovery Channel's Animal Planet Network
- Honorary Doctorate/Humanities, American Intercontinental University, Atlanta, Ga.
- Completed Whaling Wall 88, Destin, Florida, New World Record: 5.25 acres
- John M. Olguin Marine Environment Award, Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, San Pedro, California
- Honorary Chairman, Orange County March of Dimes, Walk America
- Artist in Residence, Academy of Underwater Arts & Sciences
- Completed Ceiling Mural, Whaling Wall 89, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- Founder Wyland ICON Award - winners include Jacques Cousteau, Lloyd Bridges, Paul Tzimoulis, John J. Cronin, Dr. Sylvia Earle, Dr. Robert Ballard, Ten Danson, Bob Talbot, Lottie and Hans Hass, Dr. Eugenie Clark, Stan Waterman, Rachel Carson, Earnie Brooks, David Doubilet, Zale Parry, and Rodney Fox.
- Wyland Ocean Challenge 17-City East Coast Clean-up Tour, from Portland, Maine to Key West, Florida
- Wyland Ocean Challenge West Coast invited communities in 4 states and 3 countries covering the entire West Coast from Alaska to La Paz, Mexico to "Lend a Hand and Learn" and participate in a 3-country coastal clean-up
- Created "Water's Extreme Journey," a traveling exhibition of life-size "clean water" mazes that families can venture through to learn more about their impact on marine based wildlife and water systems. The mazes were funded in part with a grant from the California Coastal Commission.
- Guest speaker with Al Gore at the United Nations World Environment Day in San Francisco, California, panel of seven focusing on climate change
- Completed Whaling Wall 93, New Bedford, Massachusetts