Our Committment to You
We're committed to creating gifts, books, art supplies, and apparel that are:
- High Quality
- Environmentally Friendly
We are always striving to improve best practices. So if you have suggestions, please contact us.
Wyland is a Marine Michelangelo.
- USA Today
Your organization is making an invaluable contribution to effort to promote environmental awareness among our youth and to encourage them to continue their own efforts.
- Al Gore
Wyland is considered by many to be the finest environmental artist in the world.
- The Congressional Record, Vol 139, No. 112-Part II
The artist Wyland has been "green" since the early 1970s, so it is high time the rest of the world caught on to the idea that saving the planet is a way cool thing to do.
- Mobile Press Register
Keeping Our House Green
Wyland Worldwide and the Wyland Foundation are doing our part to protect the future of our planet and human health by:
- Eliminating the use of polystyrene foam
- Recycling paper, cardboard, aluminum, plastic, and glass
- Utilizing FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified papers and soy inks and coatings on printed material
- Recycling and reusing packaging materials, as well as using biodegradable soy-based packing popcorn
- Using paint with a “green seal” for kids painting events
- Educating team members on the importance of eco-friendly habits
- Scaling down our cars. In the last 2 years, 40% of staff have scaled down to smaller, more fuel efficient cars
- Repairing or recycling old electronic equipment to prevent e-waste from filling up landfills and releasing toxic wastes such as arsenic and cadmium into our environment
- Switching from CRT computer monitors to LCDs which consume much less power Continuing to find new ways to lessen our negative impact on the environment
Our Green Philosophy
At Wyland, we understand that change starts at home. That’s why we use sustainably harvested wood for many of our frames and even as substrates for new artworks. Packing materials are either 100 percent biodegradable or repeatedly recycled, so we eliminate solid waste wherever possible. We’ve long since eliminated polystyrene, of course. We’ve developed water miscible oil paints with our partner Martin / F. Weber. We recycle all old electronic equipment to prevent e-waste — a substance that otherwise wreaks havoc on water systems by releasing arsenic and cadmium into our environment.
When we have to print marketing materials, we use FSC papers and soy inks. Our newest licensees are all making efforts to using more environmentally friendly packaging. One of them, Soleo, has developed a sunscreen that has virtually no impact on the environment.
These are all good things for any company. But our most important asset is our team. Our partners, vendors, and employees are informed, caring stewards for our planet. They all act as ambassadors, addressing community groups, and doing outreach.
For more than 30 years, Wyland and the environment have gone hand in hand. Now that the rest of the world has caught up, we believe our work is just beginning.